Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Denmark is A Lot of Work

Hi All,

I'm sorry to say that I really haven't done anything interesting since my last post.  I'm now pretty busy with research work and preparations for the COP15 Conference.  Since I'm already here in Denmark, I'm trying to help a bunch of Sierra Club folks find places to stay during the conference, no small task considering most all the major hotels are already booked solid.  Hopefully I won't end up needing to cram 20 people into my 25 square meter apartment.

I did get a chance to meet the U.S. Ambassador to Denmark (I suppose that qualifies as interesting) at a Fulbright reception.  "Her Excellency" invited me and another Fulbrighter (also a North Carolinian, also working on renewable energy) to come by the Embassy in the future to talk more about our projects.  My inflated sense of self-importance almost caused me to pop a button...

Aside from the UN Conference, I'm looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in the Netherlands with family friend (and fellow Fulbrighter) Linda Rupert and her daughter Naomi.  Leiden, the city where they live, is where the Pilgrims hung out for a bit before setting sale for Massachusetts.  Consequently, it's one of the only places in Europe with an actual Thanksgiving celebration.  I plan on taking full advantage of the festivities (no word yet on whether there'll be turkey) and also spending a few days in Amsterdam.

I miss you all and GO PHILLIES!!!

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment