Thursday, November 5, 2009

Denmark is Fundraising

Hi All,

As most of you know, I've been selected to be a member of the Sierra Club's student delegation to the UN Climate Change Conference taking place this December in Copenhagen. Myself and 19 other young people from around the United States will be able to attend negotiation sessions in which governments will attempt to reach an agreement on how to combat climate change.

I'm in the fortunate situation of not needing a plane ticket to Denmark or a place to stay while I'm here, but the same can't be said for the rest of the delegates. With that in mind, I'm helping the group raise money to offset their expenses. A plane ticket costs anywhere from $600-$800 and the group will need to pay for accommodations and food as well.

If you would like to help a wonderful group of young people realize their dream of preserving the planet for future generations, please make a contribution to this group.

I've created a website:

http://danielhc.chipin.com/sierra-student-coalition-delegation-to-cop15

that will allow you to make a donation with your credit card. Considering my location, I think this will be the easiest way to do things. The donation goes straight to my PayPal account, and I will then transfer the money to the group.

Thank you so much and I promise that I will post a *real* blog entry in the near future.

Daniel

P.S. I'll probably be sending out an email with a similar message, so I apologize in advance if you have to read this twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment